Charlotte A. Tomaino
#2. February 2016: Assess, take stock, evaluate the past.
Taking an inventory:
- What did I choose?
- What did I plant?
- What fruits came from this soil of mine?
- What have I learned?
- Who have I become?
♦ Defining Choices
- What Inspiration or Call has come to me?
- Which calls did I respond to?
- What commitments did I make? And Why
- What commitments did I keep? And Why
- What commitments did I leave behind and what did I discover about myself by doing so?
- How has Maryknoll Influenced me?
- How was my spiritual path shaped?
- How was my engagement in social action influenced?
- What did the power of community teach me?
- What did relationships with strong, intelligent, independent women open up in me?
- What opened my heart
- What closed my heart?
- What broke my heart and how did I respond?
- What choices have allowed my heart to blossom?
- What education was I drawn to?
- What information do I love learning?
- What knowledge do I enjoy sharing?
- What skills or knowledge did I master?
- How did I use my talents?
- Who benefited?
- Where did I find my power?
- How did I use my power?
- Who benefited from my influence?
- Where did I find my soul?
- When were the defining moments of inspiration and realization?
- How did I find strength and guidance in that inner consciousness?
♦ Love: Receiving
- Who loved me?
- Who guided me?
- Who left me?
- Who impeded my progress?
- Who believed in me?
- Who supported my efforts and encouraged me?
- Who stayed by me throughout?
♦ Love: Giving
- Who have I loved?
- What did love teach me?
- What has my love contributed?
- Who have I become by opening my heart?
- Who has been ‘family’ to me?
- Who have I turned to?
- Who have I committed to?
- Who do I play with?
- Who do I journey with spiritually?
- Who have I nurtured?
- Who are my kin today?
- How have they challenged me to grow?
♦ International Experience
- When did I first discover the richness of other cultures?
- How did that awareness open me to new respect and love for those in other countries?
- How have other cultures helped me to be more creative and free in my own culture?
- What were the biggest challenges I have faced?
- What energized and inspired me?
- What overwhelmed and alienated me?
- When have I struggled to carry my burdens?
- When have I been enlivened by my challenges?
- What mistakes did I make?
- What did I learn?
- How did I grow?
- How have I cared for my body?
- What physical challenges have I faced?
- How has my body served or failed me?
- What have I learned?
- What gives me joy?
- What makes me laugh
- What entertains me?
- What is fun for me?
- What hobbies bring me satisfaction?
- What clubs or organizations make me happy?
- What music uplifts my spirits?
♦ Peak Experiences
- Greatest Joy
- Greatest suffering
- Greatest healing
- Greatest accomplishment
- Greatest Love
- Biggest mistake
- Biggest loss
- Biggest disappointment
- Biggest learning
- Most profound Peak Experience
- Greatest source of strength
Who have I become?
We do what we do because it generates an inner state we feel called to: Intuition, inspiration, curiosity, a call, purpose, meaning that brings a sense of happiness and being your best self.
This inventory is for the purpose of discovering,
at this stage of my life:
- What is most important, meaningful and life-giving for you?
- What is the cream that has risen to the top?
- What is worth continuing?
- What is over and complete and no longer life-giving?
- What would a healthy and fulfilling future look like?